In the first pre-release version of Minecraft 1.16.5, the ability to mute individual players is finally introduced as part of a new social interactions screen. Yes, the vanilla Java Edition has always lacked the ability to mute individual matches, but the new social interactions screen will finally make it possible to “hide the talk of someone who is behaving badly.”
Minecraft 1.16.4 Nether Update release date: October 2020!
1.16.5 is an upcoming minor update to Java Edition with no set release date, which will add the social interactions screen and fix two bugs
Of course, the server’s version 1.16.5 is not compatible with the old 1.16.x versions, so you need to download the new version of the server file to create it. Moreover, the Minecraft 1.16.5 client is also totally incompatible with the older versions. You should take this information into account to prevent undesirable errors when playing.
– A new feature and the corresponding Social Interactions screen have been added to the game. Now you will be able to manage messages from other players and allow or prohibit displaying their messages in the server’s general chat.
– Netherite leggings (worn) has received a new texture!
– The “Server out of date!” and “Client out of date!” messages when logging in to the server under an incompatible version were replaced with the “Incompatible version!” message.
– The 3D textures of netherite leggings didn’t display correctly.
– Reduced the number of crashes.
How to install the Minecraft 1.16.5 snapshots:
1. Download and install TLauncher, run it, find the Gear icon in the lower right corner, click it, and go to the Settings.
2. Select the Show Snapshots checkbox and click Save.
3. In the list of versions, find Minecraft 1.16.5 and install it. Done.